Opinion AFL - Aussie Rules

ALX22

May 2, 2013
THE AFL is preparing to proceed with its May match in Shanghai but will seek advice from the Australian government and the World Health Organisation after the outbreak of the deadly coronavirus.

St Kilda is fixtured to face Port Adelaide at Adelaide Arena at Jiangwan Stadium, on May 31, with the League expecting the game to go ahead.

ALX22

May 2, 2013
FOURTEEN clubs and their leaders came together on Tuesday to celebrate the start of the fourth AFLW season, fuelled by the news female participation in the game is at an all-time high.

As the expanded season and its opening game between Richmond and Carlton on Friday night nears, the buzz surrounding AFLW could be heard across Melbourne University at the competition's official launch.

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
I am starting to really get into and enjoy the AFLW. I hope some of the matches will be televised on 7Mate this season. I will be going for Melbourne (my AFL club) and North Melbourne (my VFL club). Keep up the good communications ALX.

Reactions: ALX22

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
Oops - missed this. I keep telling all the souths guys to look around the site. Not just in their Souths forum. Quite a bit of interesting stuff about.

AND - they can post things - not just on their footie team. :)

But - we'll do this again later this year (October/November ?).
Will there be some communications around this SJ?

I presume that something will be posted, including instructions, either via the public forum or private message?

ALX22

May 2, 2013
GOING to the footy is about to become more affordable, with transaction fees for games at Marvel Stadium now a thing of the past.

The AFL and Ticketmaster have announced a new pricing strategy to make football more accessible for fans.

The changes will take place immediately, with tickets going on sale from February 24 for AFL and club members.

Bit chilly at this stadium.

ALX22

May 2, 2013
COLLINGWOOD premiership star Dayne Beams has been taken to hospital following a car crash.

The club has confirmed that Beams stayed in hospital overnight for observation, but his injuries were "minor".

The incident occurred in Melbourne's eastern suburbs on Thursday evening.

ALX22

May 2, 2013
On behalf of the AFL Commission, the AFL has today forwarded its 2019 financial results to the Presidents and Chairs of the 18 clubs, in the lead-up to next month's AGM to be held in Melbourne.

In his review of the year, AFL Commission Chairman Richard Goyder said that the 2019 financial year had been one of significant achievement both on and off the field.