News Adam Reynolds media thread.

callmack1

Knowledgeable Member
Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
'Quick ring to me' - Reynolds opens up on Bennett as GI precedent revealed in Souths contract snub: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/f1458e56919f6a92cfeec46f800be6d4

'I'm on my own here' - The dressing room moment Reynolds' Broncos reality hit home: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/ed379c7c144b2ebafc8d13624b847ca2

'Don't bring loyalty into it' - Hosts clash on Reynolds as Buzz warns Souths will 'live to regret' call: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/2c242a233bd52876d5dd329f2df1cd33

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019/20/21
Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
There were a few raised eyebrows around Redfern when former coach Wayne Bennett questioned South Sydney’s decision to let halfback and captain Adam Reynolds join the Broncos.

Bennett adored Reynolds and wanted him to stay but the fact is he rebuffed a plan that would’ve ensured Reynolds could be re-signed for two years.

The Bulldogs wanted prop Liam Knight mid-season, a move that would’ve cleared salary cap space to keep the veteran No.7.

As the man in charge of recruitment last year, and desperate to win a premiership in his final season, Bennett rejected the move — much to the dismay of the other powerbrokers at the club.

Andrew Webster SMH

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019/20/21
Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
The ones on Souths social media an forums that say why didn’t Reyno do this for us must have short memories or not understand Rugby League properly. Reyno was playing a different role the last few years and he made players around him look better ie Cody. His role was to create space and time for Cody to do his thing and manage the game as well. And he can also play the aggressor role now which I knew he could play, he can do it all.

We are a laughing stock currently I have so many messages from mates who go for others who are delighted at what an ultimate stuff up we have made. I am not surprised though I knew we were ending our premiership window early and the ones that thought we could make the top 4 were delusional and not in reality if I’m being brutally honest. And we now find ourselves in a battle to even make the 8.

I don’t care what people say it was an awful decision for mine to not give Reyno 2 years awful probs the worst decision we’ve made in a long time.

Management will have to wear it now.

Like in todays article just trying to blame Bennett to take some heat off is a cop out but it wasn’t just Bennett it was Solly Ello and JD too.

We might not find another halfback like Adam for the next decade they don’t come along often and when you have a goodun you should keep them til they retire.

As for Reyno performance tonight it was sublime. If he keeps this up he will be not far off the top for the Dally M awards. I am happy for him.

Satts1970

May 8, 2022
There were a few raised eyebrows around Redfern when former coach Wayne Bennett questioned South Sydney’s decision to let halfback and captain Adam Reynolds join the Broncos.

Bennett adored Reynolds and wanted him to stay but the fact is he rebuffed a plan that would’ve ensured Reynolds could be re-signed for two years.

The Bulldogs wanted prop Liam Knight mid-season, a move that would’ve cleared salary cap space to keep the veteran No.7.

As the man in charge of recruitment last year, and desperate to win a premiership in his final season, Bennett rejected the move — much to the dismay of the other powerbrokers at the club.

Andrew Webster SMH
In what business setting does management allow an employee who has already stated he is leaving the business make crucial recruiting decisions. By these lies, they are making themselves look worse, weak and cowardly. AR is making them eat it and they need to own their error, grow up and learn. This mistake exposes something very wrong at management levels in the club. Souths are not in the running for the premiership, so I hope AR can get his second at the Broncos, they are starting to look dangerous,

Reactions: Rabbits 21