Very Active Member
Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019/20
Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
I’ve heard Sua wants to stay but is unable to sign anything due to his manager . Info not from a certain poster on the other site .

From Windsor Bunny.

Reactions: callmack1

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019/20
Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
The Backs have been chosen and now we're onto the Interchange for the Menulog Team of the Decade!: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...terchange-for-the-menulog-team-of-the-decade/

Haven't fully decided yet but I'm thinking I'll vote Clarky. He's an absolute legend and deserves to be in the team of the decade somewhere.

Qld greats throw support behind Slater for Maroons job: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...t/news-story/f6fd89b9ffd9f30c846f3a1f57af58f9
I voted for Clarky.

pure steel 111

Well Known Member
Jul 14, 2019
Posted by LTR on the Rabbitohs forum.

LTR
Here's a little bit of news, Taaffe looks like being used as Latrells understudy this year, this came from his uncle...thoughts?
Taaffe does not look like a FB. He is a pesky half with verve and skill. This is where getting rid of young Allen, who can only improve, is a real problem. Allen lacks some qualities for sure however he can play flank, FB and centre if needed. Mansour may provide more power running when its tight but his future is limited and the guy has zero versatility. Paulo, Allen, Masters et al are as yet unknowns with potentially high ceilings. Plus Mitchell may take a little while to reach full fitness and he could have achieved that by playing centre for the early contests with Allen at FB. Burt was obviously looking for a more experienced robust flanker in Topu or Mansour but getting rid of Allen may prove a big error, particularly in terms of depth.

callmack1

Very Active Member
Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
Taaffe does not look like a FB. He is a pesky half with verve and skill. This is where getting rid of young Allen, who can only improve, is a real problem. Allen lacks some qualities for sure however he can play flank, FB and centre if needed. Mansour may provide more power running when its tight but his future is limited and the guy has zero versatility. Paulo, Allen, Masters et al are as yet unknowns with potentially high ceilings. Plus Mitchell may take a little while to reach full fitness and he could have achieved that by playing centre for the early contests with Allen at FB. Burt was obviously looking for a more experienced robust flanker in Topu or Mansour but getting rid of Allen may prove a big error, particularly in terms of depth.
To be fair, we didn't 'get rid of him.' It would be very unfair for us to stand in his way.

Reactions: Southy

pure steel 111

Well Known Member
Jul 14, 2019
Some goss that Reyno will be extended and if the coaching staff don't find a spot for Taaffe he will move on to where he can get an NRL start.
This concept of "getting player an NRL start" is :)ic. What happens to DEPTH?? Burt's job is to win a Title here NOT play career manager for these young players!! If Reynolds or Mitchell go down, Burt will suddenly be skint, very skint for players of decent quality. The strategy should have been to keep Allen, Taaffe et al and squeeze everything possible out of the existing roster to win a Title. If that fails then offload and re-tool.

pure steel 111

Well Known Member
Jul 14, 2019
I would have thought you would've nominated AJ that try scoring machine you rave on about so much as the best backup fullback in the Club. Of course, he is far from a fullback because he possesses no passing game nonetheless, I find it surprising that you didn't put up his name.
I repeat what I stated about Johnston. The guy, if he remains healthy and stays at The Crisps, can finish the greatest scorer in the club's storied history, surpassing the many good players who have come before him. In fact he can become one of the NRL's all time best scorers, a true honour and accomplishment. Plus he will be a Title winner with perhaps more of those to come. I never said Alex was a realistic alternate at FB. I put forward young Allen as Mitchell's back-up. Pointe.

pure steel 111

Well Known Member
Jul 14, 2019
To be fair, we didn't 'get rid of him.' It would be very unfair for us to stand in his way.
Well, Burt essentially exchanged Allen - who grew another leg at season's end - for Mansour. The question is : does this harm or improve the club's post-season prospects?? Does the alleged power running and experience of Mansour, who has never won a thing, cover the loss of versatility Allen provided? Sure Allen is not perfect but his youth and versatility should have given him a much higher rating by Burt and team management. Other than Alex J there is effectively NO experienced replacement if Mitchell goes down again.

PortRabbit

Nov 14, 2020
Port Macquarie
southsydneyrabbitohs.net
Posted by LTR on the Rabbitohs forum.

LTR
Here's a little bit of news, Taaffe looks like being used as Latrells understudy this year, this came from his uncle...thoughts?
Apparently, he played quite a bit of fullback in his junior days so I guess if it means getting him into the top 30 squad then I'm all for it. It's also an indication that Wayne doesn't think AJ is really the answer at fullback if LM gets injured.

Southy

WLF "Member of the Year" 2020
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Taaffe looked good at fullback at training on Wednesday.

Reactions: callmack1