Rugby League 2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

callmack1

Very Active Member
Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
Adam Reynolds takes halfback for the Menulog Team of the Decade!: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...-halfback-for-the-menulog-team-of-the-decade/

No surprises there!

From Sporting News,

Latrell Mitchell’s manager Matt Rose hands back NRL accreditation in shock move

The manager of three of the NRL’s biggest names, including South Sydney superstar Latrell Mitchell, has sensationally allowed his accreditation to lapse.

As first reported by News Corp, Matt Rose, who doubles as rising superstar Tim Tszyu’s boxing promoter, has opted not to renew his NRL credentials as a player agent.

The stunning development is certain to pique the interest of rival managers and powerbrokers at all 16 NRL clubs.

Rose has emerged as a powerful figure in NRL circles after taking over the affairs of Mitchell, reigning Dally M medallist Jack Wighton and Rabbitohs five-eighth Cody Walker.

He brokered Mitchell’s shock switch from the Sydney Roosters to South Sydney ahead of the 2020 NRL season.

Rose, the brother of former NRL prop George, oversaw Walker’s contract extension with the Rabbitohs at the end of 2019.

He also negotiated Wighton’s four-year contract extension with the Canberra Raiders last February.

Rose, who will no longer permitted to negotiate with NRL clubs, told News Corp he will continue to act as an ‘adviser’ to his high-profile clients.

He added his colleague Warwick Wright will ‘deal with NRL clubs going forward’.

Mitchell’s two-year deal with the Rabbitohs expires at the end of 2021.

However, the superstar full-back is expected to resign a long-term deal to remain at Redfern in the coming weeks.

Walker is under contract until the end of 2022, meaning he is permitted to negotiate with rival clubs on November 1.

Reactions: Southy

Southy

WLF "Member of the Year" 2020
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Rumours from the Rabbitohs forum is that Reyno may get a contract extension longer than what was expected by Souths supporters and that Su'a wants to extend with Souths but his manager is the problem for the delay.

Reactions: callmack1

PortRabbit

Nov 14, 2020
Port Macquarie
southsydneyrabbitohs.net
Correct. The Crisps are not Salary Cap stressed that is not the issue. Speaking of a back-up FB.. Just WHO replaces Mitchell when he goes down again? Getting rid of Allen is plain :)ic...Alex is best suited on the flank as a scoring machine. Mansour for Allen is plain stupidity. Allen is much younger has a higher ceiling than Mustard and he can play numerous positions. mustard is NOT any Lote Tuqiri. He is small, slow and never won anything in 20 seasons.
I would have thought you would've nominated AJ that try scoring machine you rave on about so much as the best backup fullback in the Club. Of course, he is far from a fullback because he possesses no passing game nonetheless, I find it surprising that you didn't put up his name.

PortRabbit

Nov 14, 2020
Port Macquarie
southsydneyrabbitohs.net
Mansour is not hopeless, he’s one of the most reliable wingers in the comp and he’s faster than Allan.

He wouldn’t have played over 150 games in NRL if he was hopeless!

Mansour is better than Burns, Marsters and Paulo. He’s also better on the wing than Allan.
I disagree. Mansour is very slow for a winger. Allan is slow off the mark but once he gets going he is a long strider with pace. No good comparing Mansour with Burns and Marsters because they are centres however, Paulo is only young and I can see him being a better winger in the next 12mths or so.

Reactions: Southy

Raboriginal

Jan 13, 2020
Arrow went off with a slight hammy strain so Murray would have gone to lock, Su'a was right edge.
Wonder if he could make the transition to an edge forward, it would allow Murray to play in the middle where he is best suited

Raboriginal

Jan 13, 2020
Achilles problem I think unfortunately.

I was wondering the same but general opinion is that Arrow will be playing in the middle at lock.
Imo Murray is wasted at 2nd row, we miss his quick ptb and work rate, wonder if you could start arrow at front row and rotate him and murray at lock throughout the game

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019/20
Staff member
Feb 6, 2018