Rugby League 2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

pure steel 111

Well Known Member
Jul 14, 2019
That's a realistic line-up Port, Mansturtle should be back-up to cover injuries.
Gagai and Graham should be 3 and 4.The team looked explosive when they played together at season's tail end. Alex and one flank then young Paulo on the other. I have no idea why Burt wanted Mansour and why they let Allen depart. Its a poor move. Allen can play a number of positions when the team is stuck Mansour is a First Class dud.

pure steel 111

Well Known Member
Jul 14, 2019
Salary cap issues? We've released Roberts, Allan, Suallii, Lowe, Siro and a couple of others. Surely our cap is not lower than that of other Clubs? Look at the players the Titans have on their books and who they have bought for this year. Fifita, Tino and Ese Ese just them alone is about 2.5mil. No, letting Allan go has nothing to do with cap issues. He wants and deserves to play fb in the NRL and he is not going to get that with us unless LM goes down again.
Correct. The Crisps are not Salary Cap stressed that is not the issue. Speaking of a back-up FB.. Just WHO replaces Mitchell when he goes down again? Getting rid of Allen is plain :)ic...Alex is best suited on the flank as a scoring machine. Mansour for Allen is plain stupidity. Allen is much younger has a higher ceiling than Mustard and he can play numerous positions. mustard is NOT any Lote Tuqiri. He is small, slow and never won anything in 20 seasons.

Southy

WLF "Member of the Year" 2020
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Gagai and Graham should be 3 and 4.The team looked explosive when they played together at season's tail end. Alex and one flank then young Paulo on the other. I have no idea why Burt wanted Mansour and why they let Allen depart. Its a poor move. Allen can play a number of positions when the team is stuck Mansour is a First Class dud.
Lol, I hope R21 doesn't read your post or he'll blow a fuse! :D

Reactions: Raboriginal

Southy

May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Members First | Rabbitohs sign international winger Josh Mansour for seasons 2021 and 2022

South Sydney Rabbitohs comms@rabbitohs.com.au via s6.csa1.acemsb4.com
2:12 PM (16 minutes ago)
to me

[TD]​

[TD]​

Rabbitohs sign Josh Mansour for Seasons 2021 and 2022
The South Sydney Rabbitohs are pleased to announce the signing of Australian Kangaroos, Lebanese Cedars and New South Wales State of Origin representative player Josh Mansour on a two-year contract for seasons 2021 and 2022.​

[/TD]

[/TD]

doyen

Well Known Member
Feb 6, 2018
Correct. The Crisps are not Salary Cap stressed that is not the issue. Speaking of a back-up FB.. Just WHO replaces Mitchell when he goes down again? Getting rid of Allen is plain :)ic...Alex is best suited on the flank as a scoring machine. Mansour for Allen is plain stupidity. Allen is much younger has a higher ceiling than Mustard and he can play numerous positions. mustard is NOT any Lote Tuqiri. He is small, slow and never won anything in 20 seasons.
Mansour is 98 kgs[8kgs heavier than Murray] & was Aust's World Cup winger 3 yrs ago--he's scored 74 NRL tries,repped Aust 7X & played 3 SOO matches----he has always been held in high regard & been a very reliable player with a huge work-rate---Bennett would have been behind Mansour's signing & he's probably the greatest RL mind ever !! I'm confident he will do well !!

callmack1

Very Active Member
Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
Rabbitohs sign international winger Josh Mansour for seasons 2021 and 2022: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...inger-josh-mansour-for-seasons-2021-and-2022/

Bunnies pounce on star Panther brutally axed 48 hours after Grand Final loss: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/9aa3c9a7aecd2f94754f49d1cee6fbc8

Absolutely wrapped to have this confirmed!! Honestly stoked! A great signing in my opinion. I've seen some people comment that he's too old or that he's too slow, bullshit if you ask me. Mansour is still an elite winger and it still one of the best wingers out there. 30 is still young ish so he still has a few great years of Footy to come. He completes our squad in my opinion and has us absolutely primed for a Premiership tilt. An elite meter-eating winger is what we've been crying our for and that's exactly what we've got. Wrapped with this.

Well done Souths, welcome home Sauce!

Reactions: Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019/20
Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
Rabbitohs sign international winger Josh Mansour for seasons 2021 and 2022: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...inger-josh-mansour-for-seasons-2021-and-2022/

Bunnies pounce on star Panther brutally axed 48 hours after Grand Final loss: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/9aa3c9a7aecd2f94754f49d1cee6fbc8

Absolutely wrapped to have this confirmed!! Honestly stoked! A great signing in my opinion. I've seen some people comment that he's too old or that he's too slow, bullshit if you ask me. Mansour is still an elite winger and it still one of the best wingers out there. 30 is still young ish so he still has a few great years of Footy to come. He completes our squad in my opinion and has us absolutely primed for a Premiership tilt. An elite meter-eating winger is what we've been crying our for and that's exactly what we've got. Wrapped with this.

Well done Souths, welcome home Sauce!
Exactly Callmack I’m on break at work and wanna jump up and down!

GLORY GLORY WOOOHHHOOO WELCOME HOME SAUCE

Reactions: callmack1
Nov 7, 2018
Mansour is 98 kgs[8kgs heavier than Murray] & was Aust's World Cup winger 3 yrs ago--he's scored 74 NRL tries,repped Aust 7X & played 3 SOO matches----he has always been held in high regard & been a very reliable player with a huge work-rate---Bennett would have been behind Mansour's signing & he's probably the greatest RL mind ever !! I'm confident he will do well !!
Doyen I concur with you thoughts mate.
But it seems the glass half empty brigade come out in January every year and want to bag our recruitment and retention. They all seem to know better than the super coach and the football minds who actually run an NRL club .
They want to justify their stance by the fact we have missed the GF by a game 3 years in a row.
A record the tigers would be envious of I’m sure.
We’re Successful club and have come a long way from where we were in the early 90’s.
Get behind the team Lads.
Up the Rabbitohs!

Rabbits 21

Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
Could not agree more. Mansour has never won anything for a reason: He is not good enough. Aged, slow and does not scare anyone.
Lol that’s a silly comment if you ask me.

30 is not old first of all.

Most players don’t win a premiership that implies nothing.

He makes an avg of 180 metres a game and is a high work rate winger with the shit carries coming out of trouble and we don’t have that right now hence our recruitment has seen this and acted.

Paulo and AJ do not make enough metres and in the prelim last year Mansour and To’o took Souths to school on how you get momentum and help get the forwards on the front foot.....

Mansour played in the GF last year which most players don’t do!!

Mansour will be hungry for success and he brings a wealth of experience and will show our youngsters like Paulo and Marsters what you have to do say in day out to play consistent NRL....

Rabbits 21

Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
Do not confuse Mansour with Tuqiri. Tuqiri was all class when he first started at Brisbane. Tuqiri was top shelf wherever he played be it rugby or NRL. Gib athletic and dangerous.. Barrie Mansour is hopeless!! Why on earth is Burt keeping dopes like Burns and Ted Gargan??
Mansour is not hopeless, he’s one of the most reliable wingers in the comp and he’s faster than Allan.

He wouldn’t have played over 150 games in NRL if he was hopeless!

Mansour is better than Burns, Marsters and Paulo. He’s also better on the wing than Allan.

Southy

May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Mansour is not hopeless, he’s one of the most reliable wingers in the comp and he’s faster than Allan.

He wouldn’t have played over 150 games in NRL if he was hopeless!

Mansour is better than Burns, Marsters and Paulo. He’s also better on the wing than Allan.
Struth ! First you had a man crush on Goodwin and now you have a man crush on Mansour. :rolleyes:

Rabbits 21

Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
Mansour is a great player will bring extra depth that we need, just wish we didn't let Allan go
Great to have you on board mate love your passion for our Bunnies.

Agree, it’s a shame Allan had to go but he wanted fullback so I guess we couldn’t hold him back.

Agree mate and most of the chatter I’ve read on social media has been quite positive re this signing.

You would’ve seen it like me at ANZ at the prelim last year AJ and Paulo got taken to school by Mansour and To’o in how you get the sets of 6 started for your team with high energy and work rate with the shirt carries coming out of trouble!