Rugby League 2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019/20
Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
But McInnes has played exceptionally well in a team that has struggled while Cook as a spine player has failed in the big matches to get Souths to a grandfinal.
McInnes does not run enough and is not creative, he’s not fit to tie up Cooks shoe laces so to speak....

We cant just blame for us not making the big one, he helped get us to the prelims after all....

Southy

WLF "Member of the Year" 2020
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
McInnes does not run enough and is not creative, he’s not fit to tie up Cooks shoe laces so to speak....

We cant just blame for us not making the big one, he helped get us to the prelims after all....
Harry Grant played all over Cook in origin 3 as well, another game where Cook didn't stand up.

Rabbits 21

Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
Harry Grant played all over Cook in origin 3 as well, another game where Cook didn't stand up.
QLD had fast play the balls and line speed in defence that’s why.

Rabbits 21

Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
My understanding is we have tabled an offer yes. My contact at Penrith has advised me of this and noted Penrith have a very heavy financial input for the first year.
I’ve also been told that another club has tabled an offer but we are primary choice for Josh

From Spud 21 off the Warren.

Reactions: callmack1 and doyen

Rabbits 21

Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
I can’t believe the negativity around signing Mansour. The guy is a former NSW and Australian rep, he still averages 180 meters a game and is only 30. We also get him for half price. The thing Souths haven’t had in a long time is a guy that can make yards coming out of our half. I doubt if a lot on here actually want to win a comp sometimes

From Bunny1 off the Warren and I think he’s nailed it.

doyen

Well Known Member
Feb 6, 2018
Cook is more of a "flashy" type who took ages to make the grade as a No.9 as he was a poor organiser & more of an off the cuff player,not much substance really----he was given the nod by Seibold & his speed & flashiness got him recognition,especially for rep games ,where he has thrived in dominating teams;he was in the right place at the right time basically----to me he has been one of our major failures though when the going gets tough----this has been evident a number of times in recent finals series where he has flopped----he has scintillating speed & can do some amazing runs but generally, I reckon, he is lacking as a No.9 to a fair degree !! McInnes was forced out of Sths more by Robbie Farah ---he was always the Sths favourite--- Capt. of the NYC team; a member of the best NYC team & touted as a future Sths Capt; Sths picked him before Cook---McInnes has won the Saints BEST player the last 2 yrs--Saints off-loaded Cook early in his career, the Dogs didn't want him either----the game of RL[if that's what one has the hide to call it] is tailor made for Cookie, so,IMO, he should take more advantage of it than he does !!!! Cook,in all honesty, became a very good player due to the game's ridiculous changes which suited his dubious ability !!

Last edited:

Southy

WLF "Member of the Year" 2020
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Cook is more of a "flashy" type who took ages to make the grade as a No.9 as he was a poor organiser & more of an off the cuff player,not much substance really----he was given the nod by Seibold & his speed & flashiness got him recognition,especially for rep games ,where he has thrived in dominating teams;he was in the right place at the right time basically----to me he has been one of our major failures though when the going gets tough----this has been evident a number of times in recent finals series where he has flopped----he has scintillating speed & can do some amazing runs but generally, I reckon, he is lacking as a No.9 to a fair degree !! McInnes was forced out of Sths more by Robbie Farah ---he was always the Sths favourite--- Capt. of the NYC team; a member of the best NYC team & touted as a future Sths Capt; Sths picked him before Cook---McInnes has won the Saints BEST player the last 2 yrs--Saints off-loaded Cook early in his career, the Dogs didn't want him either----the game of RL[if that's what one has the hide to call it] is tailor made for Cookie, so,IMO, he should take more advantage of it than he does !!!! Cook,in all honesty, became a very good player due to the game's ridiculous changes which suited his dubious ability !!
Well said doyen, your superior knowledge of the game has shone through again, I don't understand how others can't see it? shrug.gif

callmack1

Very Active Member
Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
Rabbitohs release Corey Allan from the remainder of his playing contract: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...n-from-the-remainder-of-his-playing-contract/

Certainly sad to see him go as he has so much potential and he would be so handy to have as a back up but to be fair, we all knew this was probably going to happen, he's too good to be in reserve grade. So good on Corey for this and good on the club for not standing in his way. Thank you for everything you've done for our club Corey and all the best for the future.

South Sydney target Tigers star David Nofoaluma as Corey Allan joins Bulldogs: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/2d6a4a05f52f05525ecdba6a31782f0b

Would be pretty keen on Nofoaluma to replace Allan but this is for 2022 so I'd like us to target Mansour for this year.

On another note,

Full of confidence and energy Chris Sandow is in the running for Halfback of the Decade thanks to Menulog: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...for-halfback-of-the-decade-thanks-to-menulog/

The voting for this should really be 100% Reyno, 0% Sandow. There's no way anyone would not vote for Reynolds.

Rabbits 21

Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
'It all happened in four days': Instant attraction for Allan at Bulldogs
By Christian Nicolussi
January 11, 2021 — 7.45pm
Corey Allan needed just one meeting with Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett to convince him to quit South Sydney and try his luck at nailing down the Canterbury No.1 jersey.

Allan met Barrett last Wednesday, accepted a three-year deal on Thursday, informed his Souths teammates of the news on Friday before eventually locating Belmore on his map to begin life as a Bulldog on Monday.

Corey Allan departs Belmore on his first day as a Dog.
Corey Allan departs Belmore on his first day as a Dog. JESSICA HROMAS/SMH
The 22-year-old, who was cut loose by Wayne Bennett at Brisbane, was given the supercoach's blessing this time to join the Dogs due to the depth in the outside backs at Redfern.

Allan knew he would have struggled to bump Latrell Mitchell from the Souths' No.1 jersey, and will give it his all to nail down the Canterbury custodian role, a position Will Hopoate has had to keep returning to in recent years.

Allan's departure will pave the way for Penrith flyer Josh Mansour to sign a two-year deal at Souths by the end of the week. There was a report on Monday that Souths were keen to swoop on Wests Tigers favourite David Nofoaluma, but the preference is former Souths junior Mansour.

After completing his first session at Canterbury on a balmy summer's day, Allan told the Herald he was immediately won over by Barrett.

Corey Allan training with the Bulldogs.
Corey Allan training with the Bulldogs. CANTERBURY BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS
"It all happened in the space of about four days,'' Allan said. "I got a call from my manager Sam [Ayoub] on the Tuesday, I met 'Baz' on the Wednesday, and I told the Souths boys on the Friday.

"Baz said he really wanted to have me, he knew he could improve my game and how it was a good opportunity for me. I felt he was being really genuine. He's quite involved, he's young, excited and I'm intrigued to see what happens.

"Obviously I want to play fullback, that's my goal. I won't be too picky about where I play, but I am most comfortable [at fullback].

"Wayne wants the best for his players, he's always been good to me. He told me the truth, he said Latrell is here, I deserve to be playing first grade, and if I can find somewhere else he'll happily release me because he wants the best for me.''

Allan, who made his Maroons debut late last year, still struggles getting around Sydney and almost got lost heading to the south-western suburbs.

He made a point of not thinking about where he was going to fit into Bennett's back-line plans. Mitchell, Campbell Graham, Alex Johnston, Dane Gagai, Braidon Burns, Steven Marsters and even Tautau Moga are all on the payroll.

Allan was understood to be on about $350,000 this year, and received an upgrade at the Dogs.

RELATED ARTICLE
Josh Mansour has played all of his 158 NRL games for Penrith but has been told his services are unwanted for the coming season.
NRL 2021
Rabbitohs keen on Mansour but Allan key to any deal
Barrett's strike rate at nailing down players has continued. Allan joins Kyle Flanagan, Nick Cotric and Jack Hetherington, along with Josh Addo-Carr who arrives in 2022.

Souths praised Allan, who did a solid job at fullback once Mitchell broke down with a hamstring tear in the run home to the finals.

"Corey has done a great job for our club over the past two seasons and he goes to his new club knowing he has the respect of everyone at Souths," club football manager Mark Ellison said.

"His preferred position - and his best position - is fullback and the opportunity to play in that position on a regular basis is not there with us.

"He feels he will have a better opportunity to play fullback at his new club, on an extended and improved deal than that which he had with us. We felt it would be unfair to stand in the way of Corey progressing his career somewhere else, he will always be a Rabbitoh, and we wish him and his partner Teigan all the best for the future.''

Reactions: callmack1

Rabbits 21

Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
Wayne is on record saying Paulo didn’t impress him bar the Parra game and im with him, didn’t see anything special that suggested he’d excel in first grade granted it was his first year and who knows how he has developed since. At this point in time though i have no doubt Sauce and AJ on either side would be better for the team in every single way, i don’t see Paulo surpassing what we know of Sauce in just a few months. Not saying he can’t eventually be a better winger but at this point in time i think he’s still a reggies player that needs to develop some more. Our time is now and if we have the funds for it we should go and buy the tools that will better our chances of a ring and to me that’s a powerhouse experienced winger that still has a lot to offer.

From Rusty Rusty off the Warren.

Reactions: callmack1

Rabbits 21

Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
A good buy by the Bunnies. Benny can get the best out of older players
Absolutely mate Southy will be eating his words, it’s just whether he will admit it or not when it happens :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;);)

PortRabbit

Nov 14, 2020
Port Macquarie
southsydneyrabbitohs.net
Seriously I can see Mansour being another Daryl Millard purchase and we know how that ended up. He is slower than a wet blanket and under the high ball, he makes AJ look like an AFL player. We tend to make a few dud signings every couple of years or so and this is the 2021 version. I will be happy to eat humble pie if Mansour has a stellar year but I am more than confident that won't happen. Regarding the apparent interest in Nofoaluma that makes even less sense than the Mansour signing because he would be wanting big money to leave the tigers and he simply isn't worth it. Nofoaluma would be seeking roughly the same coin JAC was after to come to our Club and we knocked him back. So why would be interested in him is incomprehensible. Who is a better player for 600-650k Nofoaluma or JAC? So, hopefully, this rumour is pure b.s. we couldn't be that stupid.