Rugby League 2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
Allan is going to the Bulldogs not the Tigers.
quite right. but the tigpies are still cashed up.....and looking at the Bunnies squad. If they released Alan surely it must have been due to salary cap issues?

PortRabbit

Nov 14, 2020
Port Macquarie
southsydneyrabbitohs.net
quite right. but the tigpies are still cashed up.....and looking at the Bunnies squad. If they released Alan surely it must have been due to salary cap issues?
Salary cap issues? We've released Roberts, Allan, Suallii, Lowe, Siro and a couple of others. Surely our cap is not lower than that of other Clubs? Look at the players the Titans have on their books and who they have bought for this year. Fifita, Tino and Ese Ese just them alone is about 2.5mil. No, letting Allan go has nothing to do with cap issues. He wants and deserves to play fb in the NRL and he is not going to get that with us unless LM goes down again.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2018
I think it’s a case of doing the right thing by the young man. The same with young Siro.
Realistically if Latrell is our fullback for the foreseeable future where does he fit in.
I don’t think he a winger or a centre. Maybe his future is in the halves?
The club could be ruthless and say , you signed a contract..... so can stay for the year on below your market value . This just leads to disgruntled players that can spread through the team if he has a few who are really close to him.
As for salary cap, every move has an eye to the salary cap.
If we pick up Mansour , a starter, for less money than Allen , who is a backup player, then that’s a great trade .

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019/20
Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
Reactions: callmack1

Rabbits 21

Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
Mate we have had to do upgrades but we still have some spare for someone like a Mansour for sure and Penrith would pay a chunk of his contract. We are laughing if that’s the case!

We let Allan go as Latrell is our fullback and we couldn’t guarantee him a spot in our 17 and we didn’t wanna be selfish and hold his career back. I don’t think it’s to do with cap pressure mate we have lost 10 players and only signed 4.

Reactions: Steve0102

Rabbits 21

Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
As I’ve said before I think there is something there in Paulo but he needs more time for mine to develop in Canterbury Cup.

His reads on the wing aren’t the best yet especially when there is no need to he rushes in.

Mansour would be great for 1-2 years whilst Paulo keeps developing.

There is no comparison in regards to the shit work carry stakes, Mansour has Paulo easily covered here and we need a high work rate winger it’s what we are lacking especially in big games!

Reactions: callmack1