Rugby League 2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019/20
Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
Our roster this coming season for mine is stronger than last season.

Start of last season my old man said we’d finish 5th and I said 6th and that we wouldn’t make the top 4.

This year I’ll be disappointed if we don’t make the 4. Yes we will be affected around origin time but I expect us to start faster this season.

Providing our key players don’t suffer any long term injuries I think we can finish 3rd or 4th which will give us the best chance come week 1 of finals to put everything into it to get the week off.

In fact I’ll say it now, we will finish 3rd on the ladder after the regular season.

callmack1

Very Active Member
Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
On another note,

Three of the best five-eighths of the last decade square off in the Menulog Team of the Decade: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...square-off-in-the-menulog-team-of-the-decade/

Luke Keary nominated at six for Menulog Team of the Decade: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...inated-at-six-for-menulog-team-of-the-decade/

I'm probably going to vote Cody in as my 5/8 in the team of the decade. There's no doubt he deserves it. I can't pick Keary because of his defection to the dark side and the way he treated the club, and I think Cody is a better 5/8 than Sutto. While Sutto is a legend, he'll be in the second row I have no doubt.

• Love
Reactions: Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21

Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
On another note,

Three of the best five-eighths of the last decade square off in the Menulog Team of the Decade: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...square-off-in-the-menulog-team-of-the-decade/

Luke Keary nominated at six for Menulog Team of the Decade: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...inated-at-six-for-menulog-team-of-the-decade/

I'm probably going to vote Cody in as my 5/8 in the team of the decade. There's no doubt he deserves it. I can't pick Keary because of his defection to the dark side and the way he treated the club, and I think Cody is a better 5/8 than Sutto. While Sutto is a legend, he'll be in the second row I have no doubt.
Well said bro we are on the same page once more ahahahaha!

Reactions: callmack1

Rabbits 21

Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
The reviews suggest we should go OK - bar injury - this season.

Bennett will have them firing.
I’ll be disappointed if we don’t make the top 4 mate. Last season I didn’t expect us to do so but this season I do.

Rabbits 21

Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
Rumour Allan will soon be off to the Dogs. No idea if there is any truth to this......

If we lose Allan as well and Burns, Moga and Milne get injured which is quite the norm then this is all we have:

Latrell
AJ
Campbell
Gagai
Paulo

Marsters
J. Cartwright

Not much depth at all.

I think actually I heard Milne is already gonna be out the first half of next season as it is....

Rabbits 21

Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
So if Allan goes we’d have lost:

Lowe
Johns
Sironen
Dillon
Rodwell
Roberts
Goodwin
Allan
Denniss
Suaalii

Coming in:

Arrow
Host
Moga
Milne

Correct me if I forgot someone......

callmack1

Very Active Member
Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
Hmmm, it hasn't hit mainstream media yet so here's hoping it's just a rumour. I'm really hoping that Allan stays as he will be very handy in 2021 whatever role he plays. Would be a shame to see him go after he said he loves the club and he's not going anywhere.

In saying that, and many have said this before, you can't blame him if he does want to go. In reality, unless he can force a centre spot or we get injuries, it's highly likely he'll play most of this year in reserves and he is far too good for that. He proved himself a consistent first grader last year and he deserves that so like I say, can't blame him if he goes. Also, while he'd be handy this year, he wouldn't be one of those huge losses if he departed. I think even without him, our depth looks great so I disagree with you on that one R21!

Still, I'd love him to stay so I hope this rumour is bullshit.

PortRabbit

Nov 14, 2020
Port Macquarie
southsydneyrabbitohs.net
So it looks live Allan is gone to the Dogs. I can't believe we have let him go, he covered so many positions in the backline, particularly fullback at a high level. AJ is not a fb's cake hole never has been. It can't be the fact that Allan wanted to play fullback. If he has gone to the dogs to play fb, what happens next year when JAC arrives? He is back to square one.

Rabbits 21

Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
sorry callmack1 callmack1 I can’t agree with you on backs depth.

Moga, Burns and Milne will be lucky to play 10 games between them. They’re extremely injury prone.

Roberts, Goodwin and Allan out for Moga and Milne makes zero sense to me.

Rabbits 21

Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
We need to sign another winger that’s for sure for depth.

I had Allan in our starting back 5 on a wing.

Paulo and Marsters are gonna be needed I think quite a lot. I would’ve preferred them to have time to improve and develop more in CC.

I am not sure re this Moga signing given how extremely injury prone he’s been, but it fit I think he has to start at centre:

Latrell
AJ
Campbell
Moga (made of glass)
Gagai

Burns (made of glass, still might be given to Parra in the next fortnight)
Paulo
Marsters
J. Cartwright
Milne (out for first half of this season)