Rugby League 2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

callmack1

Very Active Member
Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
Hey guys,

Time to switch focus to 2021. This is part of a forum update where I'll be updating all threads for 2021. Same threads, same purpose, it's just a freshen up.

Please stop using the old threads if you can and start using these ones.

Please use this thread to discuss all rumours, signings and news relating to our great club and the great game of Rugby League.

Cheers.

Reactions: S J and Rabbits 21

Southy

WLF "Member of the Year" 2020
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Rabbitohs extend contract of Keaon Koloamatangi until at least the end of the 2023 season
Official Souths / NRL Website
2020 keaonkoloamatangi

23 Nov

The South Sydney Rabbitohs are delighted to announce the contract extension of young forward Keaon Koloamatangi until at least the end of the 2023 Season.

Koloamatangi, 22, has played 14 NRL matches since making his NRL debut against the Melbourne Storm in round four, 2020.
Koloamatangi, a South Sydney junior from the Mascot Jets club, won the John Sattler Rookie of the Year award for the Rabbitohs in 2020 and will be looking to progress his game further over the next three years according to Rabbitohs Head of Football, Mark Ellison.

image828×185 11.3 KB

“Keaon is a very exciting, young talent and we’re very happy to have him on board long term,” Mr Ellison said.
“One of the highlights of 2020 was seeing him make his debut and, more importantly, work hard to maintain his spot in the top 17 over the rest of the season.
“Keaon is a fine young man from a great family, is a proud product of the South Sydney Juniors system, and we’re really excited to see him progress to greater things throughout his career in the red and green.”

image840×605 111 KB

Koloamatangi is excited about the seasons ahead at South Sydney.
“I’m really happy to have my contract sorted. I don’t really see myself playing anywhere else. My heart is here at Souths,” Koloamatangi said.
“I love the boys and the staff here and I feel that we can do something special in the next couple of years.
“It’s an amazing team we have here and the competition for spots in the forwards will help me improve my game, as well as make me a better player and a better person.
“I also want to thank our Members who are the most passionate and vocal Members in the competition. I can’t wait to play in front of you all and represent you again next year.”

callmack1

Very Active Member
Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
Rabbitohs extend contract of Keaon Koloamatangi until at least the end of the 2023 Season: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...gi-until-at-least-the-end-of-the-2023-season/

Fantastic news to come home to!! Stoked with this to be honest! I think we all rate Keaon very highly and he's only going to get better. So good to hear him talk about the club like that too, great stuff from the Souths Junior.

So yea stoked, that's one priority re-signing we can tick off the list!

Kevin Walters a ‘big fan’ of one-referee model as NRL conduct review ahead of 2021: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/c15a8e9257a68329c744dd897bb8cd94

Reactions: Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019/20
Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
Great news to come home from hospital too, it’s made my day.

I am not feeling the best right now so this news has boosted my spirits.

Reactions: callmack1

Rabbits 21

Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
NRL signing news: South Sydney re-sign Keaon Koloamatangi; Latrell Mitchell, Tevita Tatola
South’s rookie of the year has rejected outside interest to remain at Redfern for next three years as the club turns its attention to two big names.

Dean Ritchie
November 23, 2020 - 3:15PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-signing-news-south-sydney-resign-keaon-koloamatangi-latrell-mitchell-tevita-tatola/news-story/4f4838a73457b53d0ef6453d6b7cbd8a

He is South Sydney’s reigning rookie of the year who has now committed to the club long-term.

Rising forward Keaon Koloamatangi – already under contract for next season - has now signed a new two-year deal keeping him at Redfern until the end of 2023.

A Mascot Jets junior, Koloamatangi, 22, has played 14 NRL matches since making his debut against Melbourne Storm in round four this season. He is deemed a star of the future.

“I’m really happy to have my contract sorted. I don’t really see myself playing anywhere else. My heart is here at Souths,” Koloamatangi said.

I love the boys and the staff here and I feel that we can do something special in the next couple of years.

“It’s an amazing team we have here and the competition for spots in the forwards will help me improve my game, as well as make me a better player and better person.”

Rabbitohs head of football, Mark Ellison, said Koloamatangi worked tirelessly to not only make his debut but then retain his place in the top side for the rest of the season.

Koloamatangi’s retention comes as Souths kickstart formal contract negotiations with prop Junior Tatola while also closing in a new deal with star fullback Latrell Mitchell.

Ellison and Tatola’s manager, Isaac Moses, are in talks about extending for another two to three years. Discussed this year as a possible NSW bolter, Tatola is currently under contract at Redfern until the end of next season.

Auburn-born Tatola enjoyed a breakout season, playing 21 games this year and averaging 13 runs a game for 106 metres and 23 tackles.

Talks also continue between Souths and Mitchell’s manager, Matt Rose.

Like Tatola, Mitchell comes off after next year and is looking at a new deal spanning either two or three seasons.

Once the Mitchell deal is nailed down, Souths are then expected to release rising rugby union star Joseph Suaalii to the Sydney Roosters.

Rabbits 21

Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
Southy Southy all these newscorp articles saying Souths will release Suaalii after we extend Latrell who do they think they are? They are not the ones calling the shots........

We should not cave in to pressure and give the scum what they want.

NOW WHO IS WITH ME?

callmack1

Very Active Member
Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
NRL signing news: South Sydney re-sign Keaon Koloamatangi; Latrell Mitchell, Tevita Tatola
South’s rookie of the year has rejected outside interest to remain at Redfern for next three years as the club turns its attention to two big names.

Dean Ritchie
November 23, 2020 - 3:15PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-signing-news-south-sydney-resign-keaon-koloamatangi-latrell-mitchell-tevita-tatola/news-story/4f4838a73457b53d0ef6453d6b7cbd8a

He is South Sydney’s reigning rookie of the year who has now committed to the club long-term.

Rising forward Keaon Koloamatangi – already under contract for next season - has now signed a new two-year deal keeping him at Redfern until the end of 2023.

A Mascot Jets junior, Koloamatangi, 22, has played 14 NRL matches since making his debut against Melbourne Storm in round four this season. He is deemed a star of the future.

I love the boys and the staff here and I feel that we can do something special in the next couple of years.

“It’s an amazing team we have here and the competition for spots in the forwards will help me improve my game, as well as make me a better player and better person.”

Rabbitohs head of football, Mark Ellison, said Koloamatangi worked tirelessly to not only make his debut but then retain his place in the top side for the rest of the season.

Koloamatangi’s retention comes as Souths kickstart formal contract negotiations with prop Junior Tatola while also closing in a new deal with star fullback Latrell Mitchell.

Ellison and Tatola’s manager, Isaac Moses, are in talks about extending for another two to three years. Discussed this year as a possible NSW bolter, Tatola is currently under contract at Redfern until the end of next season.

Auburn-born Tatola enjoyed a breakout season, playing 21 games this year and averaging 13 runs a game for 106 metres and 23 tackles.

Talks also continue between Souths and Mitchell’s manager, Matt Rose.

Like Tatola, Mitchell comes off after next year and is looking at a new deal spanning either two or three seasons.

Once the Mitchell deal is nailed down, Souths are then expected to release rising rugby union star Joseph Suaalii to the Sydney Roosters.
Sounding very promising in regards to Mitchell and Tatola! Hoping for more really good news soon.

Geez I hope we keep this up so we should play hard ball :) the :) ffuuuccckkk the scum!
Love it!! Couldn't agree more with you on this one!

Southy Southy all these newscorp articles saying Souths will release Suaalii after we extend Latrell who do they think they are? They are not the ones calling the shots........

NOW WHO IS WITH ME?
I AM WITH YOU!!

Rabbits 21

Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
Til I die bud! :D
That’s the spirit.

I await the year you also say you are coming over for a short holiday over here and that you’re coming to a Bunnies home game. No one else on any of the forums we go on has been keen to get to a game with you by voicing that but I feel you and I are similar mate in so many ways. I truly hope one day we get to be at the game side by side I think you’d go off just as much as I do........ we could talk for hours on end I reckon.

I hope one of these years you’ll have saved up enough for a trip over.

I am sure it’s on your bucket list callmack1 callmack1 and it’d be a day I remember forever!

callmack1

Very Active Member
Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
That’s the spirit.

I await the year you also say you are coming over for a short holiday over here and that you’re coming to a Bunnies home game. No one else on any of the forums we go on has been keen to get to a game with you by voicing that but I feel you and I are similar mate in so many ways. I truly hope one day we get to be at the game side by side I think you’d go off just as much as I do........ we could talk for hours on end I reckon.

I hope one of these years you’ll have saved up enough for a trip over.

I am sure it’s on your bucket list callmack1 callmack1 and it’d be a day I remember forever!
Mate it'll happen one day for sure!!

Reactions: Rabbits 21

pure steel 111

Well Known Member
Jul 14, 2019

NOW WHO IS WITH ME?
Tranquillo, Barry! Tranquillo!!
Suaalli is NOT important. He is really a media hype story. Tall, rangy, bony and plays with headgear? Another Pongia??
The REAL event is re-signing the two young studs UP FRONT i.e, Koloamatangi and Tatolia. Both are work horses and young. They, along with the class and silk of Murray, plus power and aggression of Arrow, will lead the forwards down the track and pave the way for many Vs. Suaalli will NOT.
The Crisps already have a number of studly backs i.e, Johnston Mitchell Graham Paulo Allen Masters et al. Young Taaffe could soon join them. I mean how many young backline studs can we play at once??
Forwards are critical. And in Tatiola and Koloamatangi The Crisps are winners!! Losing either or both would have been disastrous, not so with Suaalli.