Rugby League 2020 World Club Challenge – Roosters versus Saints

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
The 2020 World Club Challenge is rapidly approaching! It will follow the NRL Nines fixtures and be broadcast at 6.45 am on Sunday, 23 February. It will be against our great WCC rival – St Helens. As Roosters supporters, we should not lose sight of the fact that we are on the verge of making history, in that we could become the most successful WCC side to have played this fixture. I for one cannot wait.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Pity they won't be the same team/coaches - but that's footie.

I always enjoy watching it.

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
Yes, I know there can be some good stuff floating around.

I realise the game will be on FOX, but I am pretty sure it will also be on Channel Nine/GEM. Let me say, I certainly bloody hope so! I will not be a happy chappy if it isn't, but I am pretty sure that it was last year, so I expect it to be again this year. Anyway, bring it on. The Saints are looking strong once again, so it should be a reasonable game. Let's hope so, but hopefully we will be able to do enough to win, and not be impacted by any injuries.

Being a Dragons fan, am I right in assuming that you would follow St Helens?

Reactions: S J

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
@Rooster, will you be watching the game? I haven't seen you for a while mate. I hope all is okay. Us Easts tragics need to stick together, especially against that Rabble mob! Will you be watching (what I sincerely hope will be) history in the making from your place or at Easts Leagues club (I saw some advertising recently about what they are doing)? I do not have FOX, so GEM HD will be my viewing experience. I cannot wait - less than three days to go.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Yes, I know there can be some good stuff floating around.

I realise the game will be on FOX, but I am pretty sure it will also be on Channel Nine/GEM. Let me say, I certainly bloody hope so! I will not be a happy chappy if it isn't, but I am pretty sure that it was last year, so I expect it to be again this year. Anyway, bring it on. The Saints are looking strong once again, so it should be a reasonable game. Let's hope so, but hopefully we will be able to do enough to win, and not be impacted by any injuries.

Being a Dragons fan, am I right in assuming that you would follow St Helens?
Yes - much to moto748 moto748's disgust ... :)

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
Thank you lads. I am certainly looking forward to it.

I hope we go well, but I am little bit apprehensive at how Angus will go at centre. I know that he played there in his junior rugby union days, but I think that is quite a different kettle of fish to league. Anyway, I would have thought that Aubo would have been the safe option. Anyway, in Robbo we trust!

Appreciate the sentiment Radical. It is nice to get some sensible commentary from an opposition supporter. That shows class.

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
Thank you lads. I am certainly looking forward to it.

I hope we go well, but I am little bit apprehensive at how Angus will go at centre. I know that he played there in his junior rugby union days, but I think that is quite a different kettle of fish to league. Anyway, I would have thought that Aubo would have been the safe option. Anyway, in Robbo we trust!

Appreciate the sentiment Radical. It is nice to get some sensible commentary from an opposition supporter. That shows class.
It will be interesting to see how Flanagan goes. He has to hit the ground running.

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
Going to watch it on Foxtel. It will be interesting to see how Crichton goes in the centres.

Some history:
The first ever World Club Challenge was played between these 2 clubs in 1976 with the Roosters winning 25-2.
The NRL Premiers and English Super League Premiers have both won it 13 times each.

In regards to Flanagan, I think he just needs to do the simple things right. Keary will get involved a lot, and Tedesco and Friend will help organise a lot too.

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
Saints playing well with intensity. Roosters a bit undisciplined giving away silly penalties but have the talent, albeit rusty.

Saints: 6
Roosters: 8

10 mins until HT.

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
Halftime,

Saints: 6
Roosters: 8

Flanagan unlucky with those 2 missed conversions from near the sideline. 1 hitting the upright and the other the crossbar.

I think the Roosters will win if they cut-out the silly penalties and if their passes stick a bit more.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Quite even - a few missed kicks in it.

Both sides have had their chances. I can see Chooks getting there but SH really going well.