Rugby League 2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
Still 100% in three consecutive seasons is extremely difficult... I mean look at Belichick and Brady? Wear and tear on players and some key departures. Forwards are still stout no doubt there, but if I were a bookie I would lay them simply because I have feeling they will get jagged near the Post. Would you like 11/2, Dear Barrie??
Granted, yes it certainly is, but I suspect that we might have some extra motivation now.
I don't bet, I think the betting markets are a scourge on our great game.

callmack1

Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
Obviously we have no idea of the conversation between Doueihi and Wayne. However, I think the media is twisting some words a bit. Wayne hasn't told him to leave and he hasn't told him he's not wanted, he's just told Adam that if he wants to chase another oppotunity elsewhere, we won't stand in his way. That is exactly the way it should be I feel. If a player wants to leave, why stand in their way?

However, if I was Wayne I would not have told him that. I would have told him he is wanted and that he is in the running for a centre spot. If he puts in the hard work and shines, that left centre spot is his. In my opinion, Doueihi deserves the centre spot because of his form last year. Burns looked great to start 2019 but he needs to prove that he can string a number of games together in reserve grade. That's another reason I'd have Doueihi ahead of him at this stage.

I'd hate to see Doueihi leave but if it happens, that's just the way it is.

Reactions: Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
Obviously we have no idea of the conversation between Doueihi and Wayne. However, I think the media is twisting some words a bit. Wayne hasn't told him to leave and he hasn't told him he's not wanted, he's just told Adam that if he wants to chase another oppotunity elsewhere, we won't stand in his way. That is exactly the way it should be I feel. If a player wants to leave, why stand in their way?

However, if I was Wayne I would not have told him that. I would have told him he is wanted and that he is in the running for a centre spot. If he puts in the hard work and shines, that left centre spot is his. In my opinion, Doueihi deserves the centre spot because of his form last year. Burns looked great to start 2019 but he needs to prove that he can string a number of games together in reserve grade. That's another reason I'd have Doueihi ahead of him at this stage.

I'd hate to see Doueihi leave but if it happens, that's just the way it is.
As I said earlier I think we need to keep him for 2020, we will get injuries and Douiehi will still start a lot.

The Tigers want us to pay the first 3 months of his 2020 contract at least and chip in for some of his salary in 21, they either pay him his whole salary or get nicked as far as I’m concerned guys!

Reactions: callmack1

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
WT Nation
5 hrs ·
The club has been put off by his current salary, however, and will not be interested without a financial contribution from South Sydney.

#WTNation

WT Nation is the Clubs media dept’s FB page…

Re Douiehi

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
AD to stay. He’s not reading the press, keeping his head down and training very hard. Let’s all just sit back and see what happens.

As for AJ, we have been told that the Tigers has met with him; I’d suggest he would be the player to depart first. Gagai has one thing on his mind, a premiership, and not going anywhere. Easily the best performer at training, closely followed by Hawkins and Lowe.

From Bumper Bunny off the Pride

Themacemaceman

Nov 7, 2018
As I said earlier I think we need to keep him for 2020, we will get injuries and Douiehi will still start a lot.

The Tigers want us to pay the first 3 months of his 2020 contract at least and chip in for some of his salary in 21, they either pay him his whole salary or get nicked as far as I’m concerned guys!
The earlier article said we are not in any salary cap trouble so if the want , and he wants to go , we should ask them to pay a transfer fee.
If they want him bad enough they can pay

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
The earlier article said we are not in any salary cap trouble so if the want , and he wants to go , we should ask them to pay a transfer fee.
If they want him bad enough they can pay
I think the Tigers are baulking at that and apparently won’t take him for his full 450-500k he’s currently on with us.

Stuff em I say.

Glory Glory

FIRE UP ALL!!!

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
F'n bunnies are more corrupt than Easts ! OK - Sam B used up date...not many clubs have the NRL on their side. They are they the Rooster! Bloody oath!

callmack1

Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
From Zero Tackle,

Moves that can make Addo-Carr a Rabbitoh for 2020

Despite getting the green light on a release from Melbourne for 2021, Josh Addo-Carr is reportedly keen to move back to Sydney before this coming season.

And don’t rule out Redfern as a destination. Cue the ‘salary sombrero’ comments.

Addo-Carr has made no secret of his desire to return to Sydney, where he grew up and made his NRL debut in 2016, but the question is – where?

The Bulldogs, Dragons and Roosters have all been linked to Origin speedster in recent days, with a report from the Daily Telegraph stating ‘The Fox’ is only earning $330,000 a year at the Storm, chump change in comparison to rival rep wingers in the NRL.

Melbourne have stated they’ll only release Addo-Carr if they can secure a ‘like for like’ replacement.

Enter South Sydney.

Addo-Carr played for the Rabbitohs’ SG Ball team in 2012 while attending Matraville Sports High School, located in South Sydney territory. Add in the fact that the premiership-winner has family around the area.

Not to mention his incredibly close friendship with Cody Walker and Latrell Mitchell.

Meanwhile on the Gold Coast, the Titans refuse to release lock-forward Jai Arrow a year early unless they secure a quality forward in return.

Enter the three-team swap deal.

South Sydney could release Adam Doueihi and Alex Johnston from their existing contracts to join the Storm, Johnston’s lightning speed helping to plug Addo-Carr’s departure, while Doueihi can fill in at centre, or in the halves for Craig Bellamy’s side.

This would see the Storm release Addo-Carr to South Sydney, as well as Tino Fa’asuamaleaui to the Titans a year early.

With the Titans securing a quality forward, the club could then be content with releasing Arrow to Redfern in exchange for Dane Gagai and/or some surplus cash, benefitting all three clubs.

Adding the likes of Addo-Carr, Mitchell and Arrow in the pre-season could make South Sydney outright favourites for the premiership, potentially snaring three incumbent Origin stars in one silly season.

Bennett earlier this week advised Doueihi to leave the club in similar circumstances to Jai Arrow leaving Brisbane in 2017, admitting that the South Sydney utility is good enough to be playing NRL, there’s simply no spot for him there.

Reactions: Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
Alex Johnson and to a lesser extent, AD, were not stretched at training. All others seem fit and firing.

You need to watch out for Kalamatangi - serious power and line runner. He will be pushing hard for a gig.

They have been doing contact, albeit at 75%. Cook And Gagai need to lift in D; first contact has not been good enough

From Bumper Bunny Souths till I die Souths till I die @callnack1 southsport southsport

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
Thought it was interesting viewing after training today watching Gagai and Mitchell fielding bombs. Gagai looked unsure most of the time, dropped 5 or 6, Mitchell didn’t look like dropping any, and didn’t.

From Jed off the Warren southsport southsport callmack1 callmack1 Souths till I die Souths till I die

Good signs there re Latrell

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
I heard from one of the South’s coaching team that with Latrell’s fitness plan he will actually be leaner then he was last year when he was playing in the centres come round 1. This was from today and apparently Latrell is settling in really well and is well on track to reach his fitness goals before round 1.

They however want to keep his strength and power at the same level. From his fitness and strengths test they believe that the kid is nowhere near his full potential body wise and he is extremely healthy no injuries which is fantastic news for us. He just needs to get the fitness and combinations with the boys ready before Round 1 begins. Which he will.

From GlenmoreRabbit off the Warren.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
Maybe Bryce can snag a centre spot !!???? That would be nice to see !!
If a back goes he will move up the pecking order a bit, maybe make the squad of 21. At this stage I can’t see him making the 17, for mine though he’s ahead of Allan.

pure steel 111

Jul 14, 2019
Granted, yes it certainly is, but I suspect that we might have some extra motivation now.
I don't bet, I think the betting markets are a scourge on our great game.
6/1 final offer. Strong team class coach. What are you afraid of? Sports betting a scourge? Not when one salutes my son. Are you under starters' orders?

pure steel 111

Jul 14, 2019
I heard from one of the South’s coaching team that with Latrell’s fitness plan he will actually be leaner then he was last year when he was playing in the centres come round 1. This was from today and apparently Latrell is settling in really well and is well on track to reach his fitness goals before round 1.

They however want to keep his strength and power at the same level. From his fitness and strengths test they believe that the kid is nowhere near his full potential body wise and he is extremely healthy no injuries which is fantastic news for us. He just needs to get the fitness and combinations with the boys ready before Round 1 begins. Which he will.

From GlenmoreRabbit off the Warren.
Mitchell is only 22. He will develop still in body strength and shape. He will be fine..... seriously you lot carry on like old molls in a parlour!! When very young Inglis had serious concerns he was too lean etc. How did he turn out? A Legend Inglis should really be an immortal no doubt at all.