Rugby League 2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Redfern Express

Aug 4, 2018
I think Doueihi is signed until the end of 2021 and if that's the case I doubt that he will be released.
I heard that we have a really classy prop coming through the system named Lachlan Gale . He's only 18 so not sure if he can play 1sts yet but I've been told he's one to watch.He's a local junior and apparently we have signed him for 3 years.Have you seen him play ?

southsport

May 20, 2013
Daceyville
I heard that we have a really classy prop coming through the system named Lachlan Gale . He's only 18 so not sure if he can play 1sts yet but I've been told he's one to watch.He's a local junior and apparently we have signed him for 3 years.Have you seen him play ?
That's interesting, I haven't heard his name mentioned before, is he a Souths junior?

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
Here’s an update on the Titans situation:

• Arrow is desperate to come to Redfern immediately. He is toeing the company line for now but may flex his muscle shortly, which will be a tipping point in their approach. The coach is adamant he wants no distractions as has plagued the club year by year in for seemingly their entire history.
  • Arrow is annoyed now at what’s transpiring. He was verbally assured a release would happen upon fair negotiations, which his Manager assures has occured from the Souths side. The hold up is squarely with the Titans now and that has pissed Arrow and his Manager off severely. They do not appear to be operating in good faith as they assured Arrow they would.
  • Prior to Christmas, Gagai was the player going to the Titans. He was verbally offered a contract extension to move to the GC for 2020 and was asked by Souths to consider the move. He informed Souths just after New Year’s Day that he would accept a transfer, only for the Titans to renege on their offer. Gagai is going no where now and will be with Souths for 2020.
  • The player most recently offered (AGAIN) is Corey Allen. The Titans aren’t interested in releasing Arrow with Allen alone, talks of adding a forward (I’ve been told AMone is the one they want) are ongoing. This may happen.
  • If Melbourne release the young gun to the Titans early, or if they seal the deal with Asiata (which is close), Arrow will be released to us for Allen alone.
  • AJ has a big offer from the Tigers in hand. He has until Friday to accept. Not sure of his intentions or desires, however he would be absolutely crazy not to take it in my opinion.
  • Oh, and most topical given the above hysteria - Adam Doueihi is GOING NOWHERE. NO WHERE. He has received approaches from the Tigers, Dragons, Titans and Roosters (who have pro-actively assumed he may be disheartened by the LM signing) however the Club will not release him under any circumstances. He is an absolute favourite of Bennett and Richo and will be in the 17 each week. He will play a critical role as first man up to replace any of our halves or backs across Origin and in case of injury and has been assured a full-time position in the halves once Adam and or Cody’s contract expire. One of the two is on their final contract with Souths. Adam is the heir apparent to succeed one of them. AGAIN, he is going NOWHERE.

From MattyB off the Warren

Redfern Express

Aug 4, 2018
Apparently AJ wasn't at training today, looks like he may be off to the tigers.
Well that would be a pretty stupid move. Madge will have him on the wing for sure. He'd be better off staying here and going up against Gags and Graham . The Tigpies will be battling out for the spoon in 2020.

southsport

May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Well that would be a pretty stupid move. Madge will have him on the wing for sure. He'd be better off staying here and going up against Gags and Graham . The Tigpies will be battling out for the spoon in 2020.
Souths have told him that he won't be re-signed at seasons end so maybe he would be better off locking in a 3 year deal elsewhere. shrug.gif

pure steel 111

Jul 14, 2019
Johnston would thrive on the flank outside Mitchell at FB. Doueihi to the bench. Young Paulo too should get more opportunity he is worth a few pre season attempts in First Grade. Big strong and runs with aggression.

Reactions: doyen

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
I’m told Allan will be going to the Coast and the Storm to release Tino, I’d be surprised if we don’t get word next week about Arrow being released.

From Pablo.

callmack1

Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
Reactions: Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
As a centre.

The fat tub of treacherous shite will break down before the season is done at fullback.

I'm very confident that he won't be playing fullback in 2021. The experiment will fail long before then and the wife dumper will shift him back to centre where he belongs.

southsport southsport they’re still so so cut on the chookpen, Tommy Smith over there and also off LU said what’s above! the arrogant pigs are even calling him Fatrell

southsport

May 20, 2013
Daceyville
As a centre.

The fat tub of treacherous shite will break down before the season is done at fullback.

I'm very confident that he won't be playing fullback in 2021. The experiment will fail long before then and the wife dumper will shift him back to centre where he belongs.

southsport southsport they’re still so so cut on the chookpen, Tommy Smith over there and also off LU said what’s above! the arrogant pigs are even calling him Fatrell
Good, they are cut to the bone!!! :D

Reactions: Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
callmack1 callmack1 it’s 8 weeks in a couple of days since I’ve been back on LU, have any of the mods mentioned or spoke to you about me? No news is good news I guess......

southsport

May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Just on Fifita.

MattyB

He’s desperate to link back up with Wayne and know for a fact he doesn’t like Seibold at all. Actually, a few players really dislike him.
He was going to come here, it was almost sealed until his Father got incarcerated and his Mother asked him to hold off on the move. Hence only a 1 year deal, this time next year we may well see him signed with us…unless we are capped out entirely which I wouldn’t be surprised is the case given the extraordinary list of squad members off contract at end of 2021.
Obviously, this hinges on Wayne’s movements too. If he calls it quits after his current contract I doubt Fifita will be ours, most likely a Rooster or Bulldog… they went very very hard for him.