Rugby League 2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

doyen

Well Known Member
Feb 6, 2018
Doyen, I'm not sure how Cook became a hooker, he looks more like a fullback to me (similar to Papenhuysen), apparently in his junior days he played fullback so I'm not sure who the genius was that changed his position.
Definitey,I agree-----Papenhuysen,however,seems a tougher more determined type to me---Cookie is great, when the team he is playing in is flying & are very much on top--when things start to go badly for the team, though, it's a different story--look at Grant the other night & how he lifted QLD ----TBH,I reckon that McInnes or even Koroisau would perform better under pressure in the SOO cauldron !! FB or on the wing !!??? It's totally amazing to me that he is the Aussie No.9,but,in saying that,Aust. runs roughshod over most opposition which suits Cookie's game ! He definitely would never have been a hooker in the days of the real ones,like Walters,Piggins & Fenech !

Last edited:
Reactions: Southy

doyen

Well Known Member
Feb 6, 2018
Rabbitohs return to Mudgee for 2021 Charity Shield: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/11/20/rabbitohs-return-to-mudgee-for-2021-charity-shield/

Stat Attack - How each team fared in first year of captain's challenge: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/11/22...am-fared-in-first-year-of-captains-challenge/

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Joseph

If that's true, I'd be over the moon with that!!!!

No doubt Burnsy is playing for a contract next year. Hopefully his body can withstand it, he needs to step up big time.
I'd give Burns one more chance to realise his potential----if he doesn't then significantly show he is a very good player[or gets injured again] I'd release him!!

Southy

Enthusiastic Member
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Definitey,I agree-----Papenhuysen,however,seems a tougher more determined type to me---Cookie is great, when the team he is playing in is flying & are very much on top--when things start to go badly for the team, though, it's a different story--look at Grant the other night & how he lifted QLD ----TBH,I reckon that McInnes or even Koroisau would perform better under pressure in the SOO cauldron !! FB or on the wing !!??? It's totally amazing to me that he is the Aussie No.9,but,in saying that,Aust. runs roughshod over most opposition which suits Cookie's game ! He definitely would never been a hooker in the days of the real ones,like Walters,Piggins & Fenech !
I just think Cook would be better with room to move, it's too cluttered for him at dummyhalf and he's not great at setting up other players, I see him as a finisher not a playmaker.

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
Definitey,I agree-----Papenhuysen,however,seems a tougher more determined type to me---Cookie is great, when the team he is playing in is flying & are very much on top--when things start to go badly for the team, though, it's a different story--look at Grant the other night & how he lifted QLD ----TBH,I reckon that McInnes or even Koroisau would perform better under pressure in the SOO cauldron !! FB or on the wing !!??? It's totally amazing to me that he is the Aussie No.9,but,in saying that,Aust. runs roughshod over most opposition which suits Cookie's game ! He definitely would never have been a hooker in the days of the real ones,like Walters,Piggins & Fenech !
McInnes doesn’t offer much at hooker though doesn’t create is just a tackle bot...

doyen

Well Known Member
Feb 6, 2018
McInnes doesn’t offer much at hooker though doesn’t create is just a tackle bot...
I disagree--McInnes is reasonably quick & made a number of smart breaks in 2020--in a team performing badly he has been a standout & won SAINTS main medal for the second year in a row--to me he is a fair-dinkum hooker & would perform better in the tougher moments than Cook ,especially in SOO,& would also be more than adequate when his team is on top!! To me there is nothing of the "fair-weather footballer" about McInnes !! His defence is also tougher, one on one,than Cook's---Cook is mostly a support tackler to the first man in-----his stats look great, but McInnes makes many hurtful first man in tackles which could help turn a tough SOO game!!

Last edited:

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
I disagree--McInnes is reasonably quick & made a number of smart breaks in 2020--in a team performing badly he has been a standout & won SAINTS main medal for the second year in a row--to me he is a fair-dinkum hooker & would perform better in the tougher moments than Cook ,especially in SOO,& would also be more than adequate when his team is on top!! To me there is nothing of the "fair-weather footballer" about McInnes !! His defence is also tougher, one on one,than Cook's---Cook is mostly a support tackler to the first man in-----his stats look great, but McInnes makes many hurtful first man in tackles which could help turn a tough SOO game!!
He’s had nowhere near as many breaks or try assists as Cook. His average run metres when at hooker are low as well. Cook offers much more in attack and his defence overall his pretty good.

You are forgetting in 2018 and 19 Cook helped the Blues win both those series.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
Rabbitohs return to Mudgee for 2021 Charity Shield: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/11/20/rabbitohs-return-to-mudgee-for-2021-charity-shield/

Stat Attack - How each team fared in first year of captain's challenge: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/11/22...am-fared-in-first-year-of-captains-challenge/

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Joseph

If that's true, I'd be over the moon with that!!!!

No doubt Burnsy is playing for a contract next year. Hopefully his body can withstand it, he needs to step up big time.
Mate so we were gonna pay him 500-600k next year onwards and he’s turning that up for 60,000 at the scum next year like ppllleeeaassseee the media are arseholes they should be all over this as it’s brown paper bags for certain!

Southy

Enthusiastic Member
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
He’s had nowhere near as many breaks or try assists as Cook. His average run metres when at hooker are low as well. Cook offers much more in attack and his defence overall his pretty good.

But honestly the dragons had a woeful year though.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
I do not agree with the headline we are forcing Suaali out, more media bullshit

LATRELL DEAL TO FORCE RABBITOHS GUN OUT THE DOOR

Latrell Mitchell is closing in on a new deal with South Sydney, which will likely mean the club lets Joseph Suaalii leave the club to join arc rivals the Roosters.

Suaalii is contracted to South Sydney for another season, but was unwilling to accept a contract extension with Souths and was wooed by the Tri-colours to jump ship.

“I think it is a formality and will get done reasonably soon,” Read said of Mitchell’s contract extension on Triple M.

“I think the big ramification or ripple effect of that will be I think they will let Joseph Suaalii go, the young 17-year-old prodigy that has a one year deal with Souths for 2021.

They are standing firm at the moment, but he wants to go to the Roosters. He has agreed to a deal with the Roosters.

“Souths are saying he can’t get out of that deal at the moment, but I think once they get Latrell done they will let Suaalii go and he will join the Roosters.

“I’m not sure where he will play. He will probably start on the wing, but long-term he would be a successor there to James Tedesco.”

Reactions: callmack1

doyen

Well Known Member
Feb 6, 2018

I'm not forgetting 2018 & 19--that is my point !! NSW were overall much more powerful & were killing a much weaker Qld team !! That suits Cook !! I just hope when we're in the big finals in 2021 that he will perform under the bigger pressure !!?????

Last edited:

callmack1

Very Active Member
Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
'No prouder moment' - Players lauded for sacrifices to ensure game continued: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/11/22...uded-for-sacrifices-to-ensure-game-continued/

Crichton no guarantee to sign with Panthers, Broncos look to offload star for Chambers - Transfer Whispers: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/ebdecda39e02f6c05a7d0e04e3b2674f

Some Souths stuff in that article. Really good to hear that the Latrell deal is basically done if that's true. I'd still like us to play hardball with Suaalii if we can afford the $60k but if not, then I guess we'd have to just let him go.

Mate so we were gonna pay him 500-600k next year onwards and he’s turning that up for 60,000 at the scum next year like ppllleeeaassseee the media are arseholes they should be all over this as it’s brown paper bags for certain!
Well, it just goes to show you what kind of person Suaalii is.

Reactions: Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
So the rumour getting around is that we've let Siro go to the Warriors and Jack Johns to the Knights to make way for Angus Crichton. Any truth to this rumour?
I doubt it Port, I do not think we have the cap space mate.

We need to upgrade the like of Su’a, Tatola and Koloamatangi and extend their deals long term.

Arrow coming and upgrading Latrell also takes out of our cap space.

Reactions: callmack1

Southy

Enthusiastic Member
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
So the rumour getting around is that we've let Siro go to the Warriors and Jack Johns to the Knights to make way for Angus Crichton. Any truth to this rumour?
I hope so. I'd like to take another one off the chooks, he probably realises that he never should have left in the first place.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
I hope so. I'd like to take another one off the chooks, he probably realises that he never should have left in the first place.
If Cordner is to retire they’ll keep Angus long term.

As I have said I don’t think we have room to fit in Angus as he’s demand around 750 maybe 800k.