Rugby League 2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

callmack1

Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
Hi guys,

This is part of a re-structure of our forum that I decided to do for 2020 onwards. The aim to help make our forum more organised, allow better ease of access but mainly to give it a bit of a freshen up. We can have a new thread each year which will be easier to navigate in the future.

This 2020 Rumours, Signings and News thread will replace the old thread so if you can, please refrain from posting in that thread and do it in here instead. Feel free to post about any of this from rumours, signings and official news, just like the old thread.

However, please note that we will still have a new, separate thread for injuries and suspensions.

Cheers.

Reactions: Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
I'll get the ball rolling by saying it's looking increasing likely that Matterson will go to Parra. I can't see us getting him.
Yep discussions I read earlier tonight are very advanced with Parra.

Also there have been Frizell rumours around but can we really see the Dragons releasing him a year early? I can’t.......

Southy posted earlier tonight that Ben Murdoch Masila wants to come back to NRL and is in talks with two NRL clubs, I hope we are one of them as he’d be a handy addition and at this point we need to take all the reasonable signings we can as our forward stocks aren’t good.

Reactions: callmack1

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
If he is offended by being offered $800,000 per year then he needs to get back to reality. He could make an extra $200,000 per year at the Dogs (less after tax) but his chances of winning premierships would be significantly lower. If he stays where he is, he will still be rich and could be a part of a few more premierships. Hopefully he comes to Souths though. :)

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
If he is offended by being offered $800,000 per year then he needs to get back to reality. He could make an extra $200,000 per year at the Dogs (less after tax) but his chances of winning premierships would be significantly lower. If he stays where he is, he will still be rich and could be a part of a few more premierships. Hopefully he comes to Souths though. :)
No no no no no the Rorters won’t win in a fair while now..... HOW DAAARRREEEE YYOOUUU!

Themacemaceman

Nov 7, 2018
I don’t want him.
I’d take Manu before him.
Latrell is a brilliant player.....when he wants to be.
That’s the problem.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
I don’t want him.
I’d take Manu before him.
Latrell is a brilliant player.....when he wants to be.
That’s the problem.
Thats the problem with some "star" players.
Their talent runs hot and cold.....along with their discipline.
clubs signing them have to weigh up the cost of a contract against how much they will get out of them on field.
They also could lose them for representative duties or supsensions along with injury ( Widdop,Burgess for example)
A salary cap only stretches so far when you need to pay a whole team.
Of course some clubs might have a really good accountant.

Reactions: Themacemaceman

Southy

May 20, 2013
Daceyville
GlenmoreRabbit

In other news.
Bulldogs have pulled out of signing Latrell Mitchell. Very interesting and I know I shouldn’t say it but I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some back ended shit involved in this.
Bulldogs are just as dodgy as The Roosters.

Reactions: stanleyg

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
Dogs are rumoured to be pulling out of signing Latrell.

I guess that leaves Rorters front runners for 750k or so.

Could we now enter the race?

Southy

May 20, 2013
Daceyville
The Mole: Latrell Mitchell facing pay cut at Roosters as Bulldogs drop out of race to sign star.
Bulldogs opt out of Latrell race
LATRELL IN LIMBO
The Bulldogs have dropped off their chase for Latrell Mitchell, leaving the enigmatic centre’s future in limbo.
Mitchell is on a deal worth around $800,000-a-season at the Roosters but comes off contract at the end of next year.
Relations are strained between player and club and Mitchell held a secret meeting with a leading Canterbury official last week.
But the Bulldogs have done their sums and decided not to try to match or better the Roosters’ big contract for Mitchell, whose form was only patchy last season.
The Bulldogs believe their money would be better spent on two to three good solid first graders, rather than one player who can run hot or cold.
The Canterbury move shapes as a setback for Mitchell, who faces the possibility of a pay cut from the Roosters.

doyen

Feb 6, 2018
I think maybe we should be nice to our new FB,Latrell-ie; until we have pen on paper !!

After that we can have a crack at him,if necessary.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
I think maybe we should be nice to our new FB,Latrell-ie; until we have pen on paper !!

After that we can have a crack at him,if necessary.
Well the Dogs have pulled out of the race, they think they can spend their money better elsewhere.

Maybe we should come in now as Latrell isn’t happy at the Rorters is the word, callmack1 callmack1 I think if we wanna look at Latrell now would be the time to throw in an offer of 750k and just see what happens.

But then again maybe Richo and co think we need to spend big money in the forwards so we will avoid Latrell altogether Southy southsport this is the new 2020 signings rumours and news thread, have a look around on the main page of our Bunnies forum, Callmack made some minor changes last night....... I tried tagging you in the other old thread but you didn’t see it.

Reactions: callmack1

callmack1

Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
Well the Dogs have pulled out of the race, they think they can spend their money better elsewhere.

Maybe we should come in now as Latrell isn’t happy at the Rorters is the word, callmack1 callmack1 I think if we wanna look at Latrell now would be the time to throw in an offer of 750k and just see what happens.

But then again maybe Richo and co think we need to spend big money in the forwards so we will avoid Latrell altogether Southy southsport this is the new 2020 signings rumours and news thread, have a look around on the main page of our Bunnies forum, Callmack made some minor changes last night....... I tried tagging you in the other old thread but you didn’t see it.
I'd certainly throw the hat in the ring for Latrell!