Team List 2020 NRL Season – Round 6 – Roosters vs. Eels

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
This one is set to be played next Saturday, 20 June, at Bankwest Stadium, kicking off at 7.35 pm. This game will present as a serious test for both sides. The Roosters will be sitting either in sixth or seventh spot (depending on the outcome of today's game) and Parramatta at the top of the table. This game should be a cracker, and really will provide a good indication of whether the Eels are, or are likely to be, the real deal this season.

What a good part of Super Saturday this match should prove to be.

Bring it on. Go the mighty Chooks!

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
Our preparation for this one is now going to be really tested, with only a four to five day turnaround. That is going to be interesting in terms of whether the composition of our team changes in any way, or our style of play on the night.

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
Go the mighty Roosters for tonight.

It is a shorter turnaround, but five days is not uncommon. We will be ready. Bring it on!

S J S J, will you set up the game thread in the Dragons section or shall I do it? Just let me know, either way.

Reactions: S J

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
A big test for both sides tonight TFR.
You are not wrong Southy. It was a worry there for a while, but we had a bit too much class at the back end of the game. It was a real fine battle.

Parramatta is certainly the real deal this season.

Their game against Canberra next Saturday will be mouthwatering.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
But did you enjoy it S J S J?
It was unusual. We had a row almost to ourselves - row in front and behind empty. Aisle over from us - empty. The cutouts had some of the best seats.

Very well behaved. Food and drink available. Loads of security and "helpers".

Easy access to beer and food - AND toilets … :) So easy leaving - no pushing or shoving. We walked back into town.

YES The_Fanatical_Rooster The_Fanatical_Rooster - we enjoyed it - so much better than some big head sitting in front of you - and some idiot screaming profanities at his team or the Ref … :)

The 6 again whistle is funny - almost above us - you almost jump out of your skin the first time it goes off - but it is helpful.

No real delays getting in - ie temp checks etc. Just the usual.

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
Sounds like you had a good time SJ.

I saw the crowd figure was about 1,930. Presumably, they sold 2,000 tickets and 70 did not turn up. Can I ask - given it was a Titans 'home' game, how did you go about getting tickets? Were there many Dragons supporters or was it nearly all Titans? I imagine that, with your large supporter base, there would have been plenty in Brisbane and SE QLD that would have been in a position to go to that game.