Team List 2020 NRL Season – Round 5 – Bulldogs vs. Roosters

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
I thought I would get in and set this one up early.

We are due to play the Bulldogs at 4.05 pm on Sunday, 14 June at Bankwest Stadium.

It will be very interesting to see how the Bulldogs will perform against the Dragons this coming Queen's Birthday holiday Monday.

We have a very long turnaround time between Round 4 and 5 fixtures, so hopefully my boys will be refreshed and primed raring to go.

RADICAL RABBIT

Bonza Member
Feb 6, 2018
I thought I would get in and set this one up early.

We are due to play the Bulldogs at 4.05 pm on Sunday, 14 June at Bankwest Stadium.

It will be very interesting to see how the Bulldogs will perform against the Dragons this coming Queen's Birthday holiday Monday.

We have a very long turnaround time between Round 4 and 5 fixtures, so hopefully my boys will be refreshed and primed raring to go.
Will probably be a massacre with the Roosters pecking the Dogs to death.

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
I hope we win well RR, as we need to get our for and against in good shape!

It will be interesting to see if Robbo rests any of our players. I reckon it would have to be tempting for him to.

Anyway, I will be watching them closely against the Dragons tomorrow.

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
Put simply, we should be far too strong for the Bulldogs, on current form, but you can never be certain, I suppose.

The good news for us today is that all 17 players that took the field last Thursday night are fit to play in Round 5. This includes Victor Radley, whose injury is not as serious as first thought, and Isaac Liu, who will follow HIA protocols but is expected to fully recover.

Teddy is set to resume training tomorrow.

If anyone is rested, it will be Victor I think.

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
While I am still fairly confident about tomorrow, I am a little less so than I was last week. It is supposed to be wet in Sydney, and I know that we can struggle in such weather conditions (I cannot forget the 2010 grand final unfortunately).

Anyway, today's games should be good.

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
It is finally game day for our mighty Roosters!

Hopefully we can continue with our fine form against the 'family club'.

Our forwards are playing well - let's hope that continues. Jared looks to be out - whether it be because of mild injury or rest - but we have all positions covered. And don't forget that Teddy is back.

Let's build up our for and against.

Go the Chooks!

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
Official club communication:

BULLDOGS V ROOSTERS GAME POSTPONED DUE TO BIOSECURITY RISK

The NRL has postponed Sunday's Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Sydney Roosters game at Bankwest Stadium until Monday to ensure player safety in relation to a potential biosecurity problem.

The child of one of the players attends a school in the Sutherland Shire where a staff member has tested positive for COVID-19.

The primary school has closed until June 25 and students have been told to self-isolate.

Sunday's later game between St George Illawarra and Cronulla at Campbelltown Stadium - originally scheduled for 6.30pm - has been brought forward to the 4.05pm timeslot.

The Bulldogs v Roosters game will now be played at 7pm on Monday at Bankwest Stadium.

The Australian Rugby League Commission approved changes to the Round 5 schedule to ensure the health and safety of the playing group and community after a remote risk to the Bulldogs squad emerged.

ARL chairman Peter V’landys said while the risk the virus had spread to the Bulldogs playing group was remote the Commission wanted absolute certainty before allowing the team to play.

“There’s a very remote risk of infection within the Bulldogs squad. To ensure there is no risk at all, the player will be tested today and the game delayed until tomorrow to ensure the test results have returned. I want to congratulate the Bulldogs for swiftly informing the NRL,’’ he said.

“I want to thank our broadcast partners for their assistance, at very short notice, in changing the schedule. The changes will ensure our fans will still be able to watch a game on free to air television this afternoon,” he said.