-

Two Left Feet

Feb 9, 2016
Queensland
Trials
Friday February 5:

Cyril Connell - 6.45pm - Norths Devils v Souths Logan Magpies at Bishop Park, Nundah.

Saturday February 6:
Cyril Connell - 3.00pm - Redcliffe Dolphins v Gold Coast White at Albany Creek Crushers, Brendale.
Cyril Connell - 2.30pm - Townsville Blackhawks v Northern Pride, Jack Manski Oval, Townsville.
Cyril Connell - 3.30pm - Sunshine Coast Falcons v Gold Coast Green at Sunshine Coast Stadium, Kawana Waters.

Any scores from Friday and Saturday's trials?

Two Left Feet

Feb 9, 2016
Queensland
Some results from Central Crows U/16 games at Kingaroy on the week-end - lost to Devils 48-4 and lost to Twmba 34-18

Gold Coast White beat Tigers 28-16

Sunshine Coast and Tigers 3 tries each the other Sunday. No conversions taken.

Two Left Feet

Feb 9, 2016
Queensland
Saw the Twmba v Falcons game. Falcons lead 12-0 after 10 minutes, then 16-6. 2 minutes from halftime Falcons over under the posts, but Twmba defence managed a one on one strip.

Second half Twmba with breeze behind them, completed their sets while the Falcons can only lament lost chances.

Best for Twmba in no particular order 3,7,9 and for Falcons, again in no particular order 6,11,12.

Two Left Feet

Feb 9, 2016
Queensland
From the Ipswich v Falcons game, the Falcons inability to complete sets and control the ball allowed Ipswich to dominate field position and thus score.

Best for Falcons, in order 10,2 and 9.

Crows v Falcons - both teams struggled to control the ball. Crow's coach bemoaned the fact that they let the game get away. That could have been said by the Falcons'coach if they'd lost.

For Falcons, 9,2 and 18.

Two Left Feet

Feb 9, 2016
Queensland
I'll be slipping along to the Falcons and Diggers game on Saturday to cast my eye over proceedings. I'll post my thoughts about the match probably Sunday or Monday. If anyone is attending the other game why not do something similar?

Two Left Feet

Feb 9, 2016
Queensland
I went to the Falcons v Diggers game on the Sunshine Coast yesterday. Great ground and facilities for the boys.

Ipswich won 18-10.

The Falcons had changes in players, maybe through injury or illness and also they had a couple of positional changes, maybe also because of injury or illness. However the Falcons were were still they own worse enemy. Their forwards made enough ground, but their backline plays were too side to side and predictable in nature. Combined with some poor passing and handling, they just lack the finesse to complete.
Ipswich benefited from strong forward play, with a number of off-loads from their number 15. They made the Falcons pay for their mistakes - penalty kicks for touch not going out and weak try line defence, with 2 tries. Their other 2 tries came from individual efforts from the fullback and 5/8.

Best for Ipswich 15,1 and 6

Best for Falcons - hard to say, maybe 11,12, and 13 in whatever order you like.

Two Left Feet

Feb 9, 2016
Queensland
I missed the Falcons v Crows game with work. I'll be at tomorrow's game for Falcons and Twmba. I think it should be a cracker. I'll gather the thoughts of those who know and post here.

Two Left Feet

Feb 9, 2016
Queensland
Watched The Falcons and Clydesdales on Sunday morning. For The Falcons it was a disappointing end to a disappointing campaign. From a spectator's point of view there was some good footy played, mainly by Twmba and in particular their No7.
In the first half The Falcons could not convert position and possession in to points. At least 3 times The Falcons were caught with the play on the 6 tackle. At halftime Twmba lead 12-0. A score which may have flattered The Falcons, as they dodged some bullets late in the half

With the 'Kawana Doctor', i.e. the usual breeze at Kawana, at their backs Toowoomba did what the Falcons couldn't. The Clydesdales ran riot through the Falcons right hand side defence in both halves. It wasn't just leaky, but more of a flood down the right side. In the second half they took full advantage of the half breaks.

The Falcons 2 tries were both well constructed.

Best for the Falcons, in order 6,13 and 2, with an honourable mention to 9 who covered a couple of positions.

For Twmba 7,6, and 9. And as usual in a team which was dominate there are at least 3 or so other players who deserved points.

All the best to Toowoomba in their finals campaign. They could easily make the GF.

Two Left Feet

Feb 9, 2016
Queensland
For what it's worth I'm tipping Toowoomba over GCG. I don't know if GCG have enough points in them to beat Toowoomba. North's Devils too good for Pride. SLM too much muscle for Diggers. Which leaves Blackhawks and Vic. It is an intriguing game. Townsville capable of scoring points, plenty of points at that. Vic with a strong mobile pack might be able to contain them. I'll go with Vic in an upset.

Two Left Feet

Feb 9, 2016
Queensland
The final will be a game to see. Both teams can score plenty of points. It'll be the team that can D up the better and shut down the opposition's attack that will win. I though Toowoomba might get over Townsville and the Devils might win over SLM, so maybe I'm not much of a judge!. I'm not surprised the Toowoomba and Townsville game was a high scoring affair.

All the best to both teams on the week-end.

Two Left Feet

Feb 9, 2016
Queensland
Interesting, Townsville are fielding an unchanged team from last week, compared to SLM who have several changes in names and positions. The most notable being their leading points scorer Tesi Nui missing.

dorfman

Mar 16, 2016
I am told Nui is a year younger and is out at the State championships for school football in Longreach. Also, injuries from the semi and injured players retuning are the reasons for the changes.

Reactions: Two Left Feet

Two Left Feet

Feb 9, 2016
Queensland
Time for some predictions ...

1st try scorer - Mackenzie Baker
Winner - SLM
Man of the Match - David Fifita

All the best to both teams today. It's a great day for footy. Rip in and enjoy lads.

dorfman

Mar 16, 2016
Thoroughly deserved win by the Blackhawks. I'd reckon Norths will be kicking themselves ... as no doubt Souths are too. Interested to hear at the game that Souths trained without lights at their last session and interested to see their CEO depart very quickly after the loss. Professionalism and loyalty...must only be directed towards the players at that club.

Two Left Feet

Feb 9, 2016
Queensland
Possible QLD U16 Team
1 McKenzie Baker
2 ?
3 Zachary Croft
4 Jack Paterson
5 Sebastian Winters-Chang
6 Jarrett Subloo
7 Cory Paix
8 Geordie Brand
9 ?
10 Ethan Bullemor
11 ?
12 David Fifita
13 ?
14 ?
15 ?
16 ?
17 ?
18 ?

Others could include: Thomas Dobb, Mallie Tom, Jacson Lott, Tino Fa'asuamaleaui, Luke Maiden, Garrett Smith, Mason Thorpe, Lochlan Turnbull, Zachary McCormack, Blake Campbell, David Butler, Carl Jackson, Thomas Gilbert, Ioane Seiuli, Iizaya Iti, Jonathan Siofele, Lachlan Postle etc...

Who else is in contention? Who is out of form? Will all selected be from the Broncos stable?
There is a couple of lads from the Falcons team that may have escape some notice, but they both good seasons.
D.Carolyn - played on the wing. Good kick return, one-on-one defence and could find the try line.
J.McLaughlin - started at No9 and then switched to No6. When at No9 - good service out of dummy-half, solid defence in the middle. At 6 he added more options to the Falcons attack, particularly with his kicking game. He'd be a good choice if the selectors need a player to cover those 2 positions.

Alltoobvious

QUEENSLAND UNDER 16
McKenzie Baker (Townsville Blackhawks)
Tanah Boyd (Gold Coast White)
Geordie Brand (Souths Logan Magpies)
Ethan Bullemor (Norths Devils)
Blake Campbell (Gold Coast Green)
Tino Fa'asuamaleaui (Central Qld Crows)
David Fifita (Souths Logan Magpies)
Thomas Gilbert (Norths Devils)
Zachary McCormack (Gold Coast Green)
Cory Paix (Toowoomba Clydesdales)
Jack Paterson (Norths Devils)
Dejzha Pene (Norths Devils)
Ioane Seiuli (Souths Logan Magpies)
Jonathan Siofele (Souths Logan Magpies)
Garrett Smith (Mackay Cutters)
Lazeryth Su’a (Gold Coast White)
Hamilton Taia (Townsville Blackhawks)

18th man: Sebastian Winters-Chang (Souths Logan Magpies)

Coach: Kurt Richards
Assistant Coach: Mick Roberts
Mentor: Justin Hodges

http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2016/05/16/queensland_under_16_.html

Comment: Boyd, Pene, Smith and Su'a all lucky to be picked!

No reward for either Townsville or Toowoomba.
This was so obvious. 16 players from the QAS squad. The only 2 additions aside from QAS were the Blackhawks lads and they were excellent and couldn't be left out as questions would have been asked. I watched this entire competition and there is some names on the list that have been picked on name and not form over the past 3 months. Shame for the boys that gave all and are left out because they are not contracted. As parents most of us sit back and don't get caught up in the bulls##t of politics and trying to push your sons case to have his tyres pumped up by some manager looking to make a dollar in 5 years time. When are they going to make it a real selection process and play a poss/prob. Probably never as this would uncover the flaws in the QAS and prove these so called experts wrong.

Question marks??

I thought the 7 for BH was outstanding in all games and was better than Boyd in many aspects.
Winters Chang 18th man? Should be in starting side.
From some reports through the clubs tonight, some of these players played less than 2 games for the entire CC comp. Again QAS prevails. This team was more than likely picked weeks ago and were waiting on the final to see who from BH would make the cut. If BH's won the national I think this would not change to much.

Feedback welcome!!

Last edited by a moderator: